Thursday, July 3, 2008

Breckin Watch 2008

For those of you who are following along with this pregnancy I figured it was time to bring you up to speed. We went to the doctor yesterday for our regular weekly visit. Breckin is still growing like a weed - up to an estimated 7 lbs 6 oz now. The exciting news was that I am 3 1/2 cm dilated! While this does increase the potential for me to go into labor before our induction date of July 22, the most exciting thing to me is that Dr. Ehmer thinks that if we do make it until the 22nd, we won't have to use Pitocin! He is hopeful that just using prostaglandins will stimulate labor. From the horror stories I hear about Pitocin this is really good news!
Of course the girls at the office are convinced Breckin will be making his grand entrance to this world before the 22nd, in fact I believe they have little pool going on betting on what day he'll arrive. If you want in, I believe the 4th, 6th, 8th and 14th are already taken.......

2 comments:

Rebekah Hubley said...

I wanted to go all natural with Hannah. Until they hooked me up to pitocin: not a fun drug! It's like, okay no contractions, then all of the sudden, transitional labor contractions... I quickly asked for my epidural, and God knew: 9lbs. 2 oz later, I am glad that I had an epidural!!!!!!!!! I will pray for labor to start on its own! Where is a new pic of your belly? :-)

The Warden Family said...

Hey Brooke! How exciting that the time is getting near. I hope you get to go into labor on your own, just so you don't have to have the PIT!! But, the epidural is an AMAZING thing!! I made it to 8 cm (not on purpose...just took my time getting to the hospital and then everything happened way faster than I had anticipated) and can't imagine making it to 10 and then having to push on top of that! I'm sure everything will go fine and you guys are going to be thrilled when it's all said and done. Looking forward to seeing pictures of the little guy!