Saturday, July 26, 2008

Breckin likes the boob

Never before did I think I would be so excited to say that my son likes the boob. In a few years I'll be having to teach him that they are for married men only, but for now we'll let him like them. I guess he just decided that Brooke's milk was the best thing in the world. He ate for about 35 minutes, which is a huge improvement over his previous 25 minute record. And like the biggest baby in the NICU should, he ate another two ounces from the bottle. Breckin is finally eating like he is the biggest kid in the NICU (the other two are only half his size).

What makes things even better is that everyone here is pulling for Breckin, Brooke and me. Dr. Ehmer, Brooke's OB, contacted the Director of the Women's Services and got us a room for the night even though Brooke has been discharged. I guess that just goes to show how much of caring, Christian man he is.

That's not it though! One of Breckin's nurses, who has a crush on him, realized how much he doesn't belong here any longer and went to bat for him. After discussing with the pediatrician all of the improvements he has been making and not regressing, they decided he can go home on Saturday!!!!! We were super excited to hear that he gets to go home a day early. We can't wait to show the outside world to Breckin. Watch out world, here he comes!

2 comments:

eleventhirtysix images said...

Praise God! We can't wait to meet him... we've been praying for you guys. And boobies feed the world.

(Why am I up at 2am, you ask? Haha! Welcome to the ride!)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Will!

This is Jennifer Lee. I worked in Greek Life at Baldwin-Wallace. I stumbled across your blog via facebook and have been praying for you, Brooke, and Breckin. I am so excited that your family is heading home! Enjoy every moment, and congratulations to you and Brooke on your new son. :)

Jennifer