Thursday, July 24, 2008

Bad news and Good news

The bad news is I won't be having my first beer in nine months tonight. The good news is I'm not having that beer because we are staying at the hospital tonight. Dr. Ehmer, our OB, is keeping Brooke another night. Not that they are concerned about anything, but the doctor wants to observe her for another night with her past blood clotting problems. This is welcomed because Breckin has to stay too.

Our doctor is also working on getting us a room to stay at the hospital on Friday and Saturday night since Breckin will still be in the NICU. Dr. Ehmer is such an amazing man, he has even offered to let us use his house, which is about 30 minutes closer to the hospital than our house. We have been so blessed to be connected with such great Christian people in Dallas. We give God the glory for all he has done for us down here.

5 comments:

The McKays said...

thanks for all the updates on your journey with Breckin. your OB sounds amazing and i'm so glad to hear that he is being so giving and helpful. wow! God is totally good and faithful. will continue to pray for you 3.

Rebekah Hubley said...

We are still praying for everyone! Breckin is gorgeous!

Patty Smith, Graphic Designer said...

I love Dr. Ehmer! I am so thankful he is your doctor, and even more so now. What a blessing.

Amy said...

We love you guys and can't wait to meet the little dude! You've got tons of prayers going up!

Randie Sanders said...

I don't know why but when I saw the video of Breckin smiling I started crying. He is so beyond precious! I am so glad Dr. Ehmer was amazing for you. (I have my first appt with him on the 30th :) ) You guys will be in my prayers, I cannot imagine having something go wrong like that and you guys have been so strong. CONGRATULATIONS on a beautiful beautiful little boy. You never know how large your heart can get until you see that tiny face for the first time. I know that God is with you guys right now.