Saturday, February 2, 2008

New Career = New Life

So, a week ago I left the horrible, aggressive world of bank sales and moved on to what I love most - operations. No not on people, but in the business sense. Monday was my first day at Initech...I mean Raytheon. It's funny to see how similar the two are: large rectangular office building, rows upon rows of cubes, TPS reports, vernacular no one on the outside will ever understand.



Raytheon is such a welcomed new career path for me and our family. No weekends, no 8:00 p.m. dinners, no sales stress, no micromanagement. I get my own work space....I don't have to share it with four other people. The flexibility that Raytheon provides is so nice. I'll be able to go with Brooke to all of her OB appoinments and not have to take any vacation time...that's the beauty of going in when you want and leaving when you want. Just make sure your work is done and you work your 40 hours. The first week has been great and I only expect that to continue. Praise God for his mighty powers and how he always has things worked out for us!

3 comments:

Gabe and Monica said...

yea!! we are so happy for ya'll!!!! Now Brooke just needs to feel better and then we can have some fun deGarmeaux/Lasher time. Lilly has been practicing her Lion roar for B!!! Roawrrrrr (that was from Lilly...not me...just in case you were wondering)

Gabe and Monica said...

TPS reports -- clearly an acronym...hmm, Toilet Paper Supplement?...Trashing Patriots Superbowl?...ok, I'm not down with Raytheon lingo but hurray for new jobs anyway!!

Amy said...

We are so happy for you guys. You'll be much more available to Brooke when she wants you to run out and buy twizzlers and tater tots or some other craving...