Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Happy Anniversary Brooke

Two years ago today Brooke's dad entrusted her life to me. I promised to him, to her and to God to love her through sickness and health, good times and bad. Loving her has been one of the easiest things I have ever done. Being the husband of the best woman is a great honor and pleasure.

Brooke and I have been through so many changes over the last two years...moving to Dallas, a new job for her, two new jobs for me, each of us growing stronger in our Christian walk, and the birth of a handsome boy, Breckin. Seeing her with Breckin and all the sacrifices she makes and all she does for our family makes me fall more in love with her everyday. While it's only been two short years that we've been married, some times I think it was just yesterday, I look forward to many more years of waking up next to her, being a parent with her, and growing closer to God with her.

Brooke it is my promise to you that I’ll be your hero, I’ll be the guard of your honor somehow and I’ll show you love laid down. (See the song lyrics here)

Brooke got a great anniversary gift today, but it wasn't from me. While playing with Breckin tonight he was giving her some big smiles. Here is video of Breckin smiling. Brooke sounds and looks a bit silly, but come on, who doesn't when trying to get their baby to smile?

5 comments:

Mom said...

There is very little that can light up your world more than the smile on your child's face - and there will be so many more to come! And again, please kiss that precious face of our special boy for us.

Brooke, you are blessed to have found Will as your life-mate - God has once again shown His goodness in bringing him in to your life. And Will, we are so grateful to have a son-in-law who so obviously loves our daughter in actions and words alike. Congratulations on your second year of marriage. We know the Lord has many blessings for each of you in the years ahead as you journey together towards Him.

We love you both so much,
Mom and Dad

Gabe and Monica said...

Happy anniversary, guys!! Ya'll make such a great couple and we are so blessed to have ya'll as friends.

And I am so happy Breckin is smiling for you...it is truly one of the best things! We love you guys!

Anonymous said...

He is so cute and i look forward to more pictures on this website. Again, it is so nice with modern technology these days to feel like you are right there but not! Love you all! Looks like Maya was impressed with the sounds too! (LOL)

Brooklyn said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY your guys! AND I LOVE the video..what a cutie!!!

Gloria Furman said...

Congratulations y'all!!! What a huge two years it has been for you. Wow!