Saturday, May 17, 2008

She makes me proud!!!!

I was so proud of my beautiful wife on Thursday! She had to have four needles stuck into her. Yes four. I felt so bad for her. It pained me to watch it happen, just as it pains a mother to watch her young child be stuck with needles. She was so tough though. She had one shot in the morning for her blood clotting. Then we went to the baby doctor, which she had to drink this nasty sugar drink on the way so they could do the gestational diabetes test. This was the second time she had to drink it because she didn't have the nurse draw her blood soon enough last time. Once we got to the doctor's office they stuck her to draw three or four tubes of blood. These were no small tubes, at least not in a husband's eyes. The pain in which she had to endure just killed me. Ahh...it was horrible. Then she had to get another shot, this time in her bottom. To watch the nurse jam it into her, just made me winch. This one was a rhogam shot to make sure her and Breckin's blood don't reject each other. On top of all of that she had to get another shot at night, again for her blood clotting.

Brooke is such a tough women, enduring at least two shots a day, all for the sake of having a baby! She's a great wife and I couldn't be more proud of her for all she has endured.

2 comments:

Amy said...

what an awesome mommy she already is! That is so sweet, that you recognize that, Will. Good daddy too!

Brooklyn said...

Will....are you going to be able to watch her give birth? You think she is tough now...just wait. (have you seen the epidural needle?)
Brooke - You ARE amzing and I know Will did not have to see you experience what you did today to know that. (Plus, I want you to know that I can HONESTLY say I enjoyed every minute of giving birth!)
Oh..and Will Charlie had to leave the room when I got the epidural ;)
You both are goign to be SUCH AMAZING parents I look forward to follwing your lives via blog!