Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Maya loves her neighbor Jackson. Anytime she has the opportunity to play with Jackson she loves it, even if it is playing through the one missing slat in the fence. When ever she notices Jackson is in his yard she'll stand still for a second the take off in a dead sprint to meet him at the fence. Tina, Jackson's owner, often refers to Maya as Jackson's girlfriend. If that is the case, I'm not sure I approve of the sleep-over they are goin to have this weekend. Here are some clips of them playing between the fence today.
Saturday, August 23, 2008
- The cutest expressions often come from the passing of gas.
- Someone THIS small can eat THAT much.
- Being puked on, peed on, pooped on, and burped on aren't so disgusting from your baby.
- Someone so cute can be so frustrating as well.
- It would take all of our energy to care for someone who sleeps 18 hours a day.
- The best way to meet neighbors and strangers is to have a baby with you.
- You have to pack the nursery in a bag to go out for a couple hours.
- The astounding number of things you can do with one hand while holding a baby in the other.
- Someone can wake you from a dead sleep at 3:00 in the morning, keep you up for two hours and still make you smile.
- That our parents love us this much!
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
If you are in the area between the hours of 2:30 and 5:30 AM, feel free to stop by - we'll be up! Our sweet little angel has his days and nights very confused. After waking up to eat, he decides the middle of the night would be a great time to hang out with mom and dad. It could be worse, he could be screaming the whole time, which he doesn't, unless we try to put him down. We even get a few accidental smiles out of him during this time, unfortunately he doesn't get many in return from his exhausted mommy and daddy. It seems like we've tried everything to help "unconfuse" him; keeping him awake more during the day, keeping it dark and quiet at night, white noise, even the vacuum. Much of what I read says this is very normal at his age and he'll out grow it, but in the meantime, if you're up in the middle of the night, looking for something to do, stop on by - we'll be up!
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Ok, who am I kidding? He gets his good looks from his mom.
This picture was not taken between 2:30 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. Those are the times he likes to be awake.....errrrrr!
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Wake, poop, cry, eat, poop, cry, sleep, poop, cry, eat, poop, cry, sleep, poop, cry....that is pretty much the never ending cycle at the Lasher house right now. And yes, he does cry that much. Breckin absolutely hates having his diaper changed. We just put him down on the changing pad and he cries. That alone gets tiring. Who knew that feeding and chaing a baby would be so tiring?
Hmmm, what should I do while everyone sleeps? Poop? Cry? Sleep?